Sea Plus Plus

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Innovative listening

For the past 6-7 years I been listening to many books and podcasts while having my early morning sports (Running and Cycling).
I like and always liked reading books but due to increasing life demands (career and career...) I find it difficult holding a real book unless it a huge one that is no where to be found digitally. (I always try to maintain a bedtime one that takes ages and dust to complete).

Amongst the many podcasts I follow there is one I mostly enjoy and opt for every week. its the Stanford University's "Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Seminar Series" - which is, in their own words...

"... a weekly speaker series that brings innovation leaders from the fields of business, finance, technology, education, and philanthropy, to share their insights with aspiring entrepreneurs from all over the world."

This morning I came across a fascinating speak made to Stanford University students by Tom Kelley (Writer of "The Art of Innovation")
Through his speak, Tom makes you hear, see and listen to innovation the ways you (the entrepreneur) usually do, but without the ability to define or express literally. Tom is the man behind the Apple mouse, Oral-B's tooth brush and many more. (In his voice and ideas I sometimes find a resemblance with with someone I know... http://www.brayergroup.com )


Tom Kelley's speak:
"Young at Heart: How to Be an Innovator for Life "

Link to podcast series where you can find more fascinating speaks from people like Guy Kawasaki, Steve Blank, Carly Fiorina, Shai Agassi and many many great others.

Enjoy!

No comments: